One Dish Chocolate Cake
I love baking and experimenting with new recipes and I have a very special place in my heart for chocolate. My mom has been making this super-simple moist one dish chocolate cake for over 20 years. If you’re looking for a quick and easy chocolate cake recipe, made in only one dish, this recipe is for you. I like Droste and Guittard Dutched Cocoa’s in this recipe, but just about any cacao will do. Note, Cacao or Dutched Cocoa is not the same as sweetened powdered chocolate you’d use to make hot chocolate. Dutched Cocoa or Cacao is very bitter and dark in color. Simply combine all the dry ingredients in an 8″ X 8″ pyrex dish and then add all the wet ingredients at once and mix well before sending to a preheated 350° Fahrenheit oven for 30 minutes.
Whip up some organic heavy cream with a little sweetener and a tablespoon of vanilla or plain yogurt to top off this comforting chocolate cake.
- 1 Cup of All Purpose White Flour
- 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Dutch Process Cocoa
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Strong Brewed Coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- In an 8" X 8" pyrex baking dish combine all the dry ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Melt the butter and add to a 2 Cup liquid measuring cup, add the vanilla and coffee and stir well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry in the pyrex baking dish and hand stir with a small whisk until well combined.
- Pop the dish into the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool a little before serving.
- This recipe is so fast and easy and you barely break a sweat to create a very respectable chocolate cake. Batter is best mixed using a small wire whisk. Serve with a light dusting of powdered sugar and a dollop of home made whipped cream. *Note, the almond meal is optional. If you're allergic simply omit the almond meal and replace it with a 1/2 cup of AP Flour. I think the almond meal gave the cake a more moist consistency and cut down on the flour.