If chewy, gooey chocolate chip cookies are your weakness, this recipe for Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies will be your new go-to recipe. This recipe is fast and simple. English Toffee is the secret ingredient that makes these cookies simply irresistible.
I love baking and experimenting with new recipes and I have a very special place in my heart for chocolate. My mom has been making this super simple cake for over 20 years. If you’re looking for a quick and easy chocolate cake recipe, made in only one dish, this recipe is for you. I like Droste and Guittard Dutched Cocoa’s in this recipe, but just about any cacao will do.
Tomato and Watermelon Salad
Summer blesses us with some of the tastiest heirloom tomatoes, in a rainbow of colors. Ripe sweet watermelons of every shape, color and size abound. This Tomato and Watermelon Salad is a favorite with my students with or without cheese. Growing up in a French Canadian Family, we would always sprinkle salt on watermelon and other fruits to accentuate their flavor. Similar to other cultures, many add both salt and chili to their fruit. Come to find out, sweet and savory are very refreshing and delicious. When I eat this salad, I know summer is in full swing. Share this simple recipe with your family and friends, it will instantly become a summer favorite.
- 3 Cups Cubed Watermelon (1/2" Cubes)
- 3 Cups Cubed Tomatoes (1/2" Cubes)
- 4 Ozs of Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 8-10 Fresh Basil Leaves Chiffonade
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons of Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Cube the Watermelon
- Cube the Tomatoes
- Cube the Feta Cheese
- Chiffonade the Basil
- Combine in a bowl
- Toss with prepared vinaigrette
- Serve with a crusty baguette
- You could also use cheeses like goat cheese, queso fresco or cotija in this salad if you prefer. The key is to use watermelon and tomatoes in the summer.