You’ll love this fast and easy one pot recipe for Penne Pasta with Sausage and Broccoli di Rabe. You can make this meal for 10 in 30-40 minutes and there are so many alternatives depending on your taste and the availability of fresh greens.
Nothing quite says comfort like this hot Cinnamon Apple Steel Cut Oatmeal for breakfast. The combination of the hearty steel cut oats with cinnamon, dried or fresh apples, chopped pecans and a spiced apple cider syrup is the perfect way to begin a cold winter or fall day. Simply prepare the Oats and Cinnamon Apple Syrup the night before and you’ll have a quick hot nutritious breakfast that everyone will enjoy.
Celery Root Salad
The Celery Root or Celeriac might a new or peculiar item in the produce section for some, but this humble craggy looking fellow is such a versatile refreshing vegetable in soups, roasts, puree’s and salads.
I discovered the celery root in France, it’s a very popular based for a remoulade or slaw. I couldn’t believe how this humble root vegetable could be transformed into this incredibly refreshing and tasty Celery Root Salad.
As I was searching for recipes, I came upon one of my favorite cooks David Lebovitz’ website and recipe. David worked at the infamous Chez Panisse with founder Alice Waters and executive pastry chef Lindsey Shere for thirteen years. David lives in Paris and writes a mouth-watering food blog as well as a number of beautiful cookbooks.
- One large firm Celery Root (2 Lbs)
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Juice from one Lemon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Mayonnaise
- Freshly Ground Black or White Pepper
- 1 Cup Chopped Flat Leaf Italian Parsley
- Prepare the sauce by whisking the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Set aside.
- You'll need a sharp chefs knife and vegetable peeler to rid this veggie of it's intimidating exterior. Much like a pineapple, slice off the bottom and the green top leaving two flat planes for a base. Cut down the side of the sphere removing only the rugged exterior, leaving the white flash. If you have smaller brown marks, use a vegetable peeler to remove these. Cut completely around the root removing the tough skin. Rinse in water with a little fresh lemon juice to maintain white color.
- Remove the leaves from the Italian Flat Leaf Parsley and rough chop the leaves into approximately a 1/4" confetti.
- Cut the root into rectangles that will either fit into a food processor or fit comfortably in the hand for grating on the largest hole of a box grater or for julienne on a mandolin. Root should resemble linguine once grated or julienned. Place the grated celery root in the bowl with the remoulade large and toss with the flat leaf parsley until fully combined. Season to taste with lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper,